Safety & Child Protection
1) All adults directly involved with the management of the band to be DBS checked.
2) Always at least 2 adults to be in charge of the children at all times and when females are present one of these must be a female
3) All parents to sign consent forms and medical information forms
4) No children to be taken from the band room by members of the band management committee without the written consent of the parents or guardians.
5) All children under 15 to be collected from the band room by their parent or guardian and a member of the band management committee to remain on site with any child not collected until the parent or guardian can be contacted.
6) Contact numbers for parents to be kept at the band room
7) A designated first aider to be present at all times.
8) Fair and equal opportunities for all children involved and sensitivity to Race, Religion, Learning difficulties, Disabilities etc.
9) Zero tolerance policy on Bullying.
Dave Hollister is MD of the youth band. He has a first class pedigree as a brass musician, teacher and conductor.
The training band and junior band MD is Abie Evans who is a well respected brass teacher/conductor and accomplished trombonist.
Dave and Abie also teach starter and training band members.
An annual monthly subscription is charged to all members:
Youth band first child £10 family membership £15 Training and junior band first child £7 family membership £12
Starter band Free
The subscription is payable by Bankers Standing Order
We are able to provide instruments to children who have no instrument.